Staying fit is vital to health and happiness! Studies show that staying fit is one of the best ways to combat emotional stress, and anxiety, plus prevent many health issues such as heart disease, and type 2 diabetes. Unfortunately, most families have had their fitness routines thrown out of wack during the Covid pandemic.
Ninja Kidz Tv is a popular YouTube channel that’s run by the Myler family who resides in Utah. Ninja Kidz TV has gained over 9 million subscribers and over 3 billion views since it began in 2017.
The 4 oldest siblings (Bryton, Ashton, Paxton, and Payton) and both parents in the Myler family are Black Belts in martial arts. The Myler’s own Pursuit of Mastery Martial arts in West Jordan. Unfortunately, the studio has been closed during the pandemic. All of the kids are competitive gymnasts and they compete in Ninja Races. They were all featured on American Ninja Warrior Jr in 2019. As with their martial arts studio, their gymnastics gym and the Ninja Gym are currently closed. Canceled sports and activities have been an unfortunate and common occurrence for most active families.
While stuck at home, it’s very tempting for us to spend too much time exercising our thumbs. It can be a dangerous spiral to get stuck on Facebook, Instagram or Tik Tok. Overindulgence in Video games, Netflix, and YouTube is also problematic. Too much time on these platforms will have serious health and emotional consequences. While there are some great reasons to use these platforms, it is so vital to limit idle screen time, and move your body!
The Ninja Kidz are not making time for excuses. Instead, they are staying fit and active during the lockdown. Here are 5 ways to stay fit and have fun with your family during lockdown and beyond.
- Morning Yoga training is a great way to start the day. It’s easy to go on YouTube and follow along with a lesson of your choice. Our favorite yogi on YouTube is Sara Beth at Sarah Beth Yoga.
- Bike riding as a family can be a wonderful way to explore the neighborhood with your family while staying fit. The Myler family loves mountain biking on our beautiful Utah trails.
- Martial arts is always a Myler family and Ninja Kidz favorite. Boxing skills on focus mitts, grappling on the living room floor, and practicing kicks in the backyard are always a good time. This one might be a little more challenging for families that don’t have a 7th-degree black belt at the helm, but there are great resources available. Many studios including Pursuit of Mastery is currently live online offering zoom classes.
- The Ninja Kidz just launched an at-home learning program for Ninjas of all ages. This is a full-service online program. It features comprehensive skill tracking software, video tutorial, feedback from a real Ninja Coach, and even live zoom training with the Ninja Kidz. Find out more at Ninja-Kidz.com https://www.ninja-kidz.com
- Honorable mentions include; Juggling, jumping on the trampoline, building box forts in the yard, pull-ups, pushups, and handstand challenges.
We encourage families to train together and stay fit together. In martial arts we say. “A family that kicks together sticks together!” Just a word of caution. It can be challenging to get a family training together if they are not accustomed to doing so. Kids can be whiny, teens can be grumpy, and parents can get frustrated. Ninja Kidz advises to keep it positive.
- Start slow, in short manageable increments. Leave them and yourself wanting more.
- Do your best to keep it fun and positive. Don’t give up if you have a rough go now and then.
- Let the kids give suggestions for activities.
- Issue challenges. Offer a prize for effort and results. Maybe a 30 minute later bedtime for that night.
- Catch them doing something right. Look for the positive and let them know you noticed. This goes for your kids, your spouse, and yourself!
The Ninja Kidz are passionate about family, fitness and life! You can check out their website www.ninja-kidz.com to learn more Ninja Skillz, join a live Zoom Ninja Class and even request a personalized video from the Ninja Kidz by clicking HERE, or get epic Ninja Merch from the Ninja Store. Last but not least, make sure to check out the Ninja Kidz by visiting and subscribing to their YouTube Channel!